Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Is It Just Me?


Or is the NBA season already boring? I don't know about everyone else but even as a die hard basketball fan I can barely watch an NBA game. Instead I've watched all kinds of obscure college games (Florida A&M-N.C. A&T anyone?). The NBA season is only approaching the mid-season break and It's already predictable how it will end. I could probably name where I think each team will finish in each conference and only miss one or two. Those two would likely be bottom feeders or late movers (Rockets?) who are getting injured players back into shape, and into the lineup. I truly believe the league needs to figure something out to keep it's fans interested throughout the season. I go through this every year, I'm as pumped as ever for the first ball to be tipped and then by February I'm ready for the playoffs to start. I'm ready for the real drama, which unfortunately is not how many games the Celtics can actually lose in succession. It's all about elimination games where it really counts. Honestly the Mavericks have more or less locked up first out West with Nash's injury providing some breathing room. The Pistons appear to have the East firmly as they continue to improve with Webber (Wow, was I wrong on that one, so far anyway). The rest will fall in line behind those two conference leaders. The only things about the NBA currently interesting to me are the Nuggets losing, and the Rockets pulling with a half game of San Antonio for the 3 spot out West.

Meanwhile, David Stern is somewhere smiling enjoying the revenue and looking forward to a Las Vegas party. Stephen Jackson I would hope will be barred from the event, all things considered. Yet watching Gerald Green dunk, Mike Miller shoot, and the ridiculous skills contest is of no interest to me. Oh and don't even get me started on that stupid shooting stars competition. I'd rather watch the D-League All-Star game than that, the D-League game I do not believe is televised unfortunately for those of you who got excited. It is taking place in the Mandalay Bay south convention center for those of you who will be in the area. Rather than putting his players in a place where the potential to do bad things is so great its almost a guarantee. I would anticipate this being mid-level guys though for those of you hoping for pictures of LeBron leading gangland beating of a bar manager like Jamaal Tinsley did. I think its pretty clear he'd have to be traded to the Pacers first. It really must be boring in Indianapolis because I don't remember Marquis Daniels ever getting into trouble before this year. It is possible that it just wasn't as publicized because Dallas sportswriters actually have something else to write about.

I don't know exactly what the NBA should do about its predictability and the overall distraction it can be from what really matters. College Basketball where all the players actually care not just half of them. Maybe a Mark Cuban-Dwayne Wade death match? Before the match both must re-draft their last will and testament leaving all possessions to the winner. I honestly have no idea where to from here, but I know one thing. The rest of the season won't be much different from the first half. Let's get to the playoffs already, or at least start Baseball early...

3 comments:

SAMO said...

I don't think it is boring. It might be going through a boring stretch at the moment though. I think the all-star break will be fun to watch (the charles bavetta race in particular). With Nash back in the second half, the Mavs Suns race for the #1 seed should be great to watch. And I am curious how many games the Celts will lose in a row.

Marco said...

You have to watch more Agent Zero

BD said...

He's not on National TV enough or I would, I live in Detroit and I don't know the Pistons bore me. I can only watch the same 5-6 teams play nationally every week. I did watch each time the Agent took on the Pistons though.

 
eXTReMe Tracker