Friday, January 19, 2007

Rich McKay is Jeff Garcia's Father





Yesterday while watching ESPN the latest Michael Vick disappointment broke, I'm sure you've all heard about the water bottle. But it's not this I was most amused about, but it was in watching Rich McKay comment on the situation I realized something. Rich McKay is Jeff Garcia's father. While I may be wrong here, I doubt it, and if I am it may just be that Rich is indeed Jeff's older brother. The adjacent photo's really do not do the similarities justice, but I had a hard time finding a decent picture of McKay. If you get a chance, I'd recommend catching McKay's comments again on T.V. and then tell me you don't see the resemblance. If this isn't breaking news I don't know what is.

As for the Vick incident, I can't say I'm terribly surprised given his obscene gesture earlier this season. That was indeed directed at his home town fans, as ridiculous as that is. I know new head coach Bobby Petrino thinks he can finally be the one to make Vick earn his paycheck. But I think everyone knows that's not the case, Vick is as Mora Sr. put it "a coach killer." Not to mention you know Al Davis is salivating at the idea of watching his quarterback make two guys miss before getting sacked. This year no one missed Walter or Brooks, Vick could at the very least run away from the offensive line immediately after every snap right? I honestly would not be shocked if they could get the #1 pick for Vick, given how friendly the Raiders have been to felons in the past. Vick would love it, spend the off-season out in the sun, smokin' a J with his boy Randy. Perfect fit for all parties involved. Meanwhile Matt Shaub quickly develops into a solid, yet unspectacular quarterback who wins games under Petrino. Who the Falcons would take #1? Calvin Johnson I would have to think, they need a true game-breaking WR who will hang on to the ball. Johnson could be that guy, though I do agree #1 is very high for a WR. If they can unload Vick and his contract in exchange for a big-time WR I think they take that deal and walk away laughing. For more on the Vick situation and some good links, check out Deadspins post regarding the overrated QB.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker